you know parents make such a big deal about explaining homosexuality to their children but when I was a kid I watched a show where one of the villains was a satanic cross-dressing lobster and never once questioned it
Wait, what? A giveaway? The giving-away of a thing? A thing being given?
YES, FRIEND. All of the above!
Okay, so earlier this year I upgraded my DSLR to a Nikon D5100, because I needed video capacity and my D40 was looking a bit shabby. And I was like, right, I’ll keep the old one as back-up, but having brought it all the way to the UK from Japan… it’s just been sitting on my desk for months getting dusty. I thought about selling it on Amazon, but let’s be real, there is a lot of cake mix encrusted into this thing (although it still works perfectly). And plus, you know, everybody’s gotta start somewhere, and it just isn’t feasible for a lot of people to put down over £100 on a DSLR camera, even an old model.
So: a giveaway. This is what you get if you win:
- Secondhand Nikon D40 DSLR camera body (+ strap)
- AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm kit lens
- 1GB SD memory card
I bought this camera in 2008, so we’re not talking top of the range, but I’ve been using it right up until this year and it’s served me well (as far as I can remember, those are all pictures taken using the kit lens included in this giveaway - which is why they’re mostly a bit old, since I upgraded to a fancier one after they were taken).
How to enter:
- Reblog this post. Likes don’t count, which is a metaphor for popularity not counting for much in life, which is sort of a lie, but mostly I just want to signal boost this.
- You can reblog one time per day. I’m going to try and monitor this to prevent people taking advantage, given that that’s not the spirit of the giveaway (guys, I am semi-homeless and unemployed, I’m choosing to give this camera away rather than sell it, please be good people, ‘kay?)
- Be willing to send me a home or receiving address! I mean, duh, but also, wow, that would be awkward. If you live with family or people who will not be happy at you receiving mysterious internet packages, factor that in.
- You do not have to follow me on Tumblr, although it would be super nice if you did. Super nice. As nice as me. I’m a delight. Just saying.
I will post anywhere in the world, and one winner will be picked at random on November 1st!
*** If you follow my RSS feed, or came over from Blogger when I moved this site - I have not yet figured out how to work this thing. Theoretically there should be a way for you to comment on posts. For now, gomen! This giveaway is for Tumblr followers only, unless you are tech-savvier than I am. Still love ya.
ONCE - You must fall in love with your bestfriend, ruining your friendship forever. This will teach you who your true friends are, and the fine line between friendship & more
ONCE - You must fall in love with someone you believe to be perfect, you will learn that no one is perfect, and that you should never be treated as any less than you deserve.
AND ONCE- you must fall in love with someone that is exactly like you, this will teach you about who you are and who you want to be.
And when you’re through with all that, you learn that the people who care about you the most are the ones that you hurt, and the ones that hurt you are the ones you needed the most.
But most of all, you learn that love is only a concept and is not something that can be defined, it is different to each person that experiences it. And you will learn to respect each and every person on this Earth, knowing that everyone only wants to be loved.